How to choose which platform is best for my website: Word Press, Magento or Shopify
In this competitive era, a website is a prerequisite thing for a business if it wants to establish its online presence firmly. A website provides a chunk of information about your business to your customers and this is the first place where your customers will look to get information about you. A website not only improves your trustworthiness but also enhances your brand image and recognition. That’s why every business wants to build up an eye-catching and compelling website so that they can acquire more customers. But building a website is always an arduous and time-consuming task. Moreover, you need assistance from the experts who have competent knowledge of web development. website development company in faridabad is the best option for this.
These days, the markets are crammed with many website platforms or website builders which will help you to create an eye-catching and user-friendly website with minimal technical knowledge. Now, with these platforms, you don’t need to create a website from scratch. You can hire for this purpose a separate company I would like to suggest Zen Webnet on words is web designing company in faridabad. Each platform has its own upsides and downsides, so you need to wisely choose the best website platform which will meet all your requirements and needs.
In this article, we are going to discuss the three most popular website platforms so that you can decide which one is the best for your business.
The popularity of Word Press is simply astounding and indubitably, it is one of the most popular website platforms. A plethora of statistics has claimed that nearly 34% of websites are powered by Word Press. As a free and open-source website platform, Word Press gives you a plethora of options and flexibility with plugins and coding. For Word Press, you need a Word Press hosting account in order to host your own website.
- Though many people believe that Word Press is ideal for blogging, still, it can be used for any kind of website including an e-commerce store, a membership site, a social network site, and many more.
- Now, you can control every aspect of your website by using Word Press.
- Word Press offers many pre-built themes that you can use to make a compelling website. Moreover, Word Press has many astonishing page builders like Beaver Builder and Divi which you can use to create the layouts of your own page.
- Word Press comes with more than 50,000 Word Press plugins. These plugins provide additional features and functionalities to your site.
- Word Press is ideal for creating multi-lingual websites as it can easily be translated into many languages.
- You need to manage everything yourself. Though this slight learning curve is easily overcome by most of the users, still, in the beginning, you might face difficulties.
- If you are willing to make any changes (page layouts), you need to make changes to the code which is a time-taken process.
Though Word Press is free, still, you need to maintain a domain name and web hosting to make your website live. For these, you need to pay $14.99/year and $7.99 (per month) respectively.
Magento is another popular website platform that is ideal for e-commerce websites. Magento is suitable for medium to large-scale enterprises and at present, more than 200,000 online entrepreneurs are using Magento to build up their stores.
- Since Magneto is very scalable, it encourages users to customize the platform as per their needs.
- Magento provides a multi-store flexibility option. This means now you can easily sell your products or services internationally.
- Magento has a wide community. Magento community developers are very supportive and helpful and they always try to produce high-quality extensions and plug-ins.
- Because of its flexibility, you can choose where you want to host the software
- Magento themes are costlier and chargeable.
- Sometimes, Magento slows down. This issue has been solved with Magneto 2.
- Sometimes, bugs can occur and that’s why you need to patch security updates from Magento to ensure that your work is going perfectly. For this, you should recruit or take assistance from Magento developers.
Shopify is an eminent e-commerce website platform that has received a huge appreciation from online merchants. Currently, more than 100,000 online stores are built on Shopify.
- Shopify is a complete hosted solution providing platform. With this platform, you can stay relaxed as you don’t need to worry about managing software or update installation or even you don’t need to keep up backups.
- Shopify comes with an integrated payment solution. You can even incorporate third-party payment gateways to accept payments. Shopify doesn’t charge any transaction fee.
- Shopify comes with a plethora of themes and most of them are free. So, you can choose any of them and design your website.
- You can even integrate Shopify with Word Press and thus, can run both platforms together.
- The support system of Shopify is excellent. It provides 24X7 support through mail or chatbots.
- With Shopify, you can’t create much more engaging content as compared to other platforms.
- If you are a beginner or start-up, you can find Shopify is a little bit pricy as compared to other platforms.
- If you want to move your website from Shopify to another platform in the future, you may face some difficulties in this task.
Shopify plans have a range from $29 (basic) to $299 (advanced) per month.
In the above article, we have described upsides and downsides of all three platforms. After evaluating all three, it can be concluded that Word Press is the best because of its flexibility, pricing, and easy to use features. Word Press is ideal for beginners who want to make their websites (any type) in a hassle-free way. But if you want to make an e-commerce website (online), then you should choose website design company in Faridabad or e-commerce development company in Faridabad either Magneto or Shopify which will make your online store more appealing and functional.
Follow us on facebook